It seems with many of the counter top surfaces they are using in kitchen and bath, that there is always a worry about what cleaner to use on them. For natural stone surfaces like Granite or marble.., a harsh cleaner would not be advisable. Man-made surfaces have there do’s and don’ts as well. How then should a Soapstone counter be cleaned without hurting or etching its beautiful matte finish? The simple truth is, use what you like. Soapstone has been used on chemistry lab tops for years because it is chemically inert. Chemical cleaners, acidic compounds will not hurt the stone. Some people like to clean with bleach. Believe it or not, bleach will not harm it either. However, Bleach is not needed, since the soapstone’s natural high density will not harbor bacteria of any kind. Simple soapstone and water or vinegar and water. Will work wonderfully well and clean any surface bacteria just as well as bleach or harsh cleaners. What an amazing stone! Beautiful and practical! Come see this wonder at Soapstone Werks and see our fine craftsmanship and great customer service at work.
Here's What Our Clients Have To Say
My husband thought that I was a little crazy for going with something different and having two different hard surfaces (we have both granite and soapstone). Now he really likes it and thinks it was a good choice. We love our sink. It is easy maintenance and was built exactly how we wanted it. The office staff at Soapstone Werks was great-they always called back and were easy to talk to. When it came to installation time Greg and the boys were on time, installed quick, and careful about my flooring. My favorite thing about soapstone is that it is so easy to maintain and durable, it always looks good. Soapstone clean-up is easy; I just wipe it with my sponge and I don’t have to worry about streaking or a residue as I do with my granite. I would recommend Soapstone Werks and Soapstone to my friends. I have a friend who has honed black granite, which gives the same look but it is not as durable. She likes the look but would not put it in again.